Friday 19 August 2016

Rahul Has A Dream


While I'm taking a short break which has probably involved cross stitch, my good friend Rahul Singh from Good Little Indian has stopped by to hold down the blogging fort. Thanks Rahul!

There's a cave in Turkmenistan called the "DOOR TO HELL", it's been burning nonstop since 1971. There's also a cave in Mars, and it hasn't been found yet. No kidding. While none of the 2 genuinely awesome facts has anything to do with Duolingo, but that's what you get when Rahul decides to write.

Write! Write! Write! A writer writes, a reader reads, and a language learners learns languages. Alas! I'm using too many exclamation marks. Thankfully, the person that'd be editing this blog, is a friend. Oh! I have distracted myself, but take my word... One shouldn't swear while writing professionally. And no exclamations. Alright? Great!

Note to self: Take a long breath, and write properly, Rahul. Okay? Good.

Duolingo, learning French, and some extras. These were to be the themes of this post. While, I've mentioned the extras already, let's get to the main subject. Duolingo.

The story in a snapshot: Rahul installs Duolingo. He chooses to learn French. He's within a month 12% fluent in French. 2 months later, the app shows him 10% fluent in French. He giggles, as he doesn't remember a proper sentence.

There's nothing more painful than an unfulfilled dream. Just a while back, I'd a dream. My dream girl, dressed in black in a wild summer afternoon, temperature clicking 50°C. Both of us standing in the middle of an abandoned land. Complaining about global warming. Then, suddenly I would go down on my knees, and ask her in French, "Voulez-vous s'il vous plaît aller chercher de l'eau ici?" The girl would say, "What?"

"Will you please go and search for water here?" I'd reply with a faint smile. How romantic!?

However, such is life with slow 2G, and an app that's not Taylor (or tailor; pun unintended) made for that type of Internet. I had dreams of mastering French, and publishing a book in French. How rude is life! What a cheat destiny is! It showed me the meat, and when I moved to eat, it took the plate away. I could literally sue all the Gods for this, or my Internet provider. If I weren't busy playing Baseball. 9 Innings 2016 is the game, Arizona is my team. I've finished last for 2 seasons straight, but I'm addicted. So, goodbye French, goodbye all.

P. S. - The sentence in French has been written using Google translate. If that's completely atrocious. It's not to be blamed. Thank you.

P. S. S. - Anybody wants to sign me up for a book deal? While, I'm playing Baseball. I will try to take time off to write. Good day.

Thanks again to Rahul for blogging, it's well worth stopping by his blog at https://goodlittleindian.wordpress.com/
and you might want to check out his previous post where he details further his battles with Duolingo.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this, Rahul, as I would like to improve my French. I'm connected to a few French speakers through social media, and I usually use Google Translate to help me write comments to them in French. Of course, Google Translate isn't 100 percent reliable. I now have the Google Translate feature on my blog, and I was entertaining myself the other day reading my own blog in French. Google Translate was at a loss for how to translate American idioms such as "get down and get funky." It made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour apprendre le français , aller en France ... ou trouver un ami français.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. view publisher site https://www.dolabuy.ru/ you can look here review additional hints find

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog