Sunday 19 June 2016

No Toast

My wife has just put our son to bed, and had the below conversation.  For information, we used up the last of the bread earlier for sandwiches, but (apparently unknown to him) I went to the garage and bought a loaf.

Son: We've got no toast.
My Wife: Yes, there's toast, daddy bought some bread
Son: But there's no toast tomorrow.
My Wife: Yes, we have bread, you put it in the toaster and you make toast.
Son: But there's no toast tomorrow.
My Wife: Yes, daddy bought bread.
Son (sadly): There's no toast Monday. No toast on Tuesday-
My Wife: Yes there is darling! Daddy. Bought. Bread.

I'm kinda excited to see what happens tomorrow when I try to make him some toast for breakfast while he insists that we can't have any.

Here is the bread.  It exists.

Not that I care - it's Fathers Day, I got candy pizza :)

All the calories of real pizza, but without those nasty vitamins.

And to celebrate Fathers Day, I made a video of dad jokes - and if you think these are bad, you should have seen the ones that I didn't include :)




8 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day! Candy pizza. Where do you get candy pizza? It looks like it's made up of gummies? I hope you had a great day, and I hope your son enjoys his surprise toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's gummies, a few of the supermarkets around here sell them. Had a very nice day thanks - presents, saw family, popped to a market, bit of a nap this afternoon and watched soccer this evening, it's been fun :)

      Delete
    2. Nice. Interesting collection of Dad jokes. My dad has quite the Dad jokes, sometimes funny, sometimes groaners, and often plays on words.

      Delete
    3. Thanks :) I think each dad has their own favourites, mine has to be the Bob Marley one :)

      Delete
  2. Candy pizza?! Sounds like the best Father's Day ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, shame it had to end :)

      Delete
  3. Candy za? I would try that! I had a dessert pizza once. White chocolate etc. Your son is so funny. Cherise kept telling him you brought bread. I wonder why he didn't believe her? Looks like you had a lovely Fathers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog