Saturday 2 April 2016

LinkedIn is full of bad news #FixThePlus

Oh no! My rank for profile views moved down by 12% in the past 12 days!

Well, I had great fun with the little April Fools "Travelling Tablet Project" for my 500th post - it seems hard to believe that I've managed to churn out 500 of these over the years, but still I'm very happy.  I've also had the great news that I'm in line to become an adult education tutor, teaching social media on an evening and/or weekend, I had an interview on Thursday which I enjoyed immensely so being offered the job is wonderful!

Finally, you might note the #FixThePlus in the tagline - I've picked this up from Jeremy Crow and his blog about Google+, like Jeremy I use Google+ a huge amount, especially for my blogs and videos, and the Plus feature (where you click +1 on posts) hasn't been working for some time now, and it's one of the main ways that I identify which of my posts are more popular - blogging is something that I hope that I'm improving over time, and one of the ways I do this is by looking at my more popular posts to see what people liked about them.  So being without the +1s from people is really awkward.  So do read Jeremy's post, but in short I ask that any creators add #FixThePlus to their posts, and let's see if we can make a trend that will make Google notice.

Onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

  1. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog