Monday 22 February 2016

Medicinal Warning

I don't have a photo of myself looking unwell.  I think I was ill when this one was taken but it just looks as though I'm trying to focus on a far away object without my glasses.

 I'm out of action at the moment with some sort of infection - not proper flu, but nastier than what I'd normally class as a cold, it's spent several days making me feel headachy, tired, and just basically a bit rubbish, and now it's developed into a more traditional cold with lots of sneezing and runny nose.  My wife kindly bought me a selection of medicines to make me feel better.

Now, there's a truth lurking behind all of these medicines that you get for when you have a cold, and that is that the medicines don't really do that much.  The truth of the matter is that you are almost certain to recover from a cold by yourself, but the medicines just make you feel a bit better (and makes you think that the cold is going away - because the medicine is making you feel better!).

Anyway, one of the medicines was a pack of medicated lozenges that you suck with some kind of antiseptic compound in it.  They're very nice, but I was rather amused to read this warning on the box.

Warning: do not take if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to any of the ingredients.

Isn't that true of everything?

2 comments:

  1. What makes me laugh is the warning not to take this medication listing a good twenty side effects. Hope you feel better or at least think you do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog