Tuesday 5 January 2016

Bold Claims


Yesterday I was shopping in one of the local supermarkets, and we ventured down the card aisle - I did actually need to pick up a card this time, but my son always enjoys looking at all of the different cards so we tend to go down there anyway.

Anyway, I noticed on a couple of the cards that the plastic wrapping put forward an interesting statement, as follows:

This card will keep kids happy for hours

Will it?  Will it really keep kids happy for hours?  My son is fortunate enough to have one of these fancy tablet devices, which will entertain him for a period of time, with all kinds of games, videos, and fun stuff, but even that gets boring after half an hour or so (and so it should - he's got drums to play with after all!).

Does the card dispense crisps?  Or perhaps it tastes exactly like chocolate, and yet is indestructible so you spend an eternity licking it.

I should know better really, advertising is bound to put forward these sorts of ephemeral statements.  On my desk (for reasons that have disappeared into the past) there is a spray which purports to "Eliminate tough odours for good".  Putting to one side the unlikelihood of removing a smell for eternity, what exactly is a tough odour?  I'm not sure but I think I got beaten up by one down a dark alley one evening.

Ah, perhaps I'm just getting grumpy in my old age...

In other news I've kindly been invited by Alex of Champagne & Lemonade to post on her blog, and I've talked about the products I use to keep myself looking so... um.... socially acceptable.  Do check it out and say hi!




2 comments:

  1. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog