Wednesday 26 February 2014

I hate macaroni cheese

Mac and cheese.  This is a cool way of saying "macaroni cheese" isn't it?  Why would you choose to eat macaroni cheese?

Mac and cheese makes it sound like it'll be something that tastes nice, maybe a Big Mac with cheese on.  But it isn't.  It's weird pasta in a nasty cheese sauce.

I am saying this now, laying down the ground rules for the reason why I will never eat mac and cheese.

Because a very small part of me thinks that it might actually be nice.  Maybe the tinned macaroni cheese that I had when I was 7 or whatever aren't actually at the pinnacle of culinary creations.  Just earlier this week, after a long rant about how I "don't like quiche", I ate my lunch, which consisted of quiche made by my other half.

And it was nice.

Quiche is always something I've struggled with.  Bacon - cheese - eggs - I like all of these.  But never in a quiche.

Yet on Tuesday, it was good.

And when I was a kid, I hated cheese on toast... that is until I tried it, and discovered that it's pretty damn good.

And now I live in fear that my hatred of macaroni cheese is wrong too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog