Saturday 5 October 2013

What have you made out of cardboard?

Two blog posts on the same day?!?  Less than an hour apart?  That's crazy Mike.

I totally forgot to write about Global Cardboard Challenge Day 2013.

It's an annual day for kids to make cool stuff out of cardboard, which I'm all in favour of.  I remember when I was a kid my mum collecting absolutely tons of things for me to play and make with - egg box cartons, cardboard boxes, gravy tubs, all sorts of stuff.  I absolutely loved a box that I just barely fit in, pretending that was a makeshift castle.

Anyway, today being Global Cardboard Challenge Day, we did the obligatory child in a box:

Look out for the letter-destroying box child.

My son did, at first, enjoy sitting in the box, but I didn't get a photo of that (fail) so I resorted to putting it on his head.

And then my head.  It's quite tricky to crawl around the house with your head covered in box, but I managed to make it to the kitchen where it was forcibly removed thanks to my other half hitting it with something.

But I was having difficulty with how to be creative with the box, until I came across the extremely good blog, A Beer for the Shower - where advice on how to drink beer whilst showering is provided, including a cardboard beer stand.

With this in mind, I created the following CARDBOARD SPIRITS STAND:

I was going to have more bottles on the stand - but somehow one felt dangerous enough.

"But how is it so stable Mike?"  I hear you cry.  Well, here's my secret:


A toilet roll in the second box stabilises it on the edge of the bath, allowing it to take the weight of a nearly empty bottle of Schnapps without collapsing.

Or I could always just use the window sill.

Anyhow, it was fun.  Do let me know what you have made out of cardboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog