Thursday 19 September 2013

A musical one

Warning - my blogging is likely to get increasingly haphazard these next few days as I'm working on an audition video to be finished on Monday!

So, I've been listening to a lot of teenage punk rock music lately, after buying the "Teenage Dirtbags" compilation album.

It's pretty good, and reminds me of when I used to go to Spiders in Hull regularly (an epic epic nightclub that every now and then I get a massive desire to return to...hmm what am I doing for Halloween...)

But!

Guess what I saw when I checked out the CD on Amazon as part of writing this post.

"UMTV compilation featuring the biggest bands and tracks from the golden era of pop punk"

GOLDEN ERA?!?

Yes.  I feel old.

Get this album if you want to rock out.  And pretend that you're 20 again.

While I'm talking about music, I came across a rather decent singer-songwriter this evening.  Lucy Marshall is from North East Lincolnshire and despite only being 17 has already done well over 300 gigs, and shows no sign of stopping.  Which is a good thing because she's quite good.  I particularly recommend "Please" (video below)


Check out her website at http://www.lucymarshallmusic.com to see where she's gigging next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog