Tuesday 25 June 2013

I am a guest blogger!

I've been let loose on someone elses blog!

Rosemary Richings, a writer from Toronto, has a great blog and I've been lucky enough to have a post of mine about writing up on her blog - guest blogging is something I've thought about doing but I've been quite nervous about, Rosemary was really nice about looking over a draft of my wording and putting it up on her blog for me.  The issue I have is that my blog tends to follow the pattern of "news about me, and something (hopefully) funny" and posts about a particular topic I don't always fit that well, so I'm really pleased that my writing is of a quality reasonable enough for other people to use!  Do go check it out if you can, at http://rosiewritingspace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/so-you-want-to-be-writer-mike-raven.html and fingers crossed I may have some more guest blogs out on the interweb somewhere in the future - some are in the pipeline now I'm gaining my confidence.

While I'm writing, I need to say a big thank you to Solarwall near York - I've just come back from a Introduction to Renewable Energy Technologies event they put on for G4C Yorkshire & Humber.  The event was excellent, the presenter Grant is clearly very knowledgeable not only about the theory and science behind the technologies, but also the practicalities of installing, usage and maintenance.

Have you seen The Wanted's new video, Walks Like Rihanna?  I've never been a huge Wanted fan (nothing against them, just never really listened to much of their music) but I do love their video - I've always had a weakness for videos like these that reference other pop songs!



And while I'm on about music videos, a TOTALLY different one... Honeydewyeayea from the guys at the Yogscast.  Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog