Tuesday 4 September 2012

Are You Mike Raven?

I've just completed Are YOU Dave Gorman? a book, unsurprisingly by Dave Gorman & Danny Wallace.  In a nutshell, as a result of a drunken bet Dave Gorman travels around the world meeting other people with his name, in an effort to find and meet 54 of them, dragging his flatmate Danny along for the trip.  I love these types of books - Googlewhack and Round Ireland With a Fridge are two others that spring to mind - where an immense amount of effort is put into a bizarre task.  No, that's wrong - a quest.

There's something about a quest that appeals to me, going out and doing something.  And although I don't feel able to go and do something like this myself, I can live through their books a little.

I must go and watch Yes Man.

And I feel a session buying Kindle books coming on.

Putting reading aside, I've also made my first attempt at a YouTube video, this one is of me doing a brief review of Realm of the Mad God.  It's not very good, but I learnt a lot from making it.  I need to speak a little slower and clearer, and I need to have more of a script when I'm reviewing a game rather than recording a session playing the game, and then talking over it (which is essentially what I did).  It's important to create quality content, even if it takes longer to do.

If you still want to view the video, it's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzDWRtWRfY

Apart from that, it's been a quiet day - I'm currently not feeling too clever with a very sore throat so I'm going to go back to bed, where I've been most of the day! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog